When Jan Putz of Adlersthurn, the owner of the Mimoň estate, travelled in 1625 to Jerusalem, an idea came across his mind of building a replica of the Holy Sepulchre in the man’s homeland. In 1655, a site was selected for the construction work. Called ‘Na pískách’, it was located beside the ruins of the Church of the Holy Cross. When Jan Putz was passing away in 1660, he made his eldest son Jan František Edmund promise at the man’s deathbed to build the chapel in Mimoň. The construction work commenced in 1665 under the leadership of Giulio Broggio and was finished by this prominent architect in 1667.
June to September:
Saturdays and Sundays, 1 to 4 pm.
Open also on notable days like Easter Season, town festivals etc.