O muzeu

Founded as part of the Czech-Polish project entitled “Tourism development in the border region: making Złotoryje and Mimoň available for tourists”, the museum resides inside the recently renovated historic building of the former hospital, with a standing exhibition to be developed over time, focusing on the past and nature of Mimoň and its surroundings. Its historical part is to cover prehistory and the Middle Ages as well as the period from 1516 to 1948, whilst the natural history section will feature vertebrate and invertebrate fauna, plus it will contain a botanical section, which will be an herb garden outside the museum. The outer area will be complete with the statue of St. John of Nepomuk that once stood on the bridge of Písečný most.